The company was founded in 1953 as a production plant to meet the domestic market under the name of Jasielskie Zakłady Przemysłu. In 1972 the name was changed to JAFAR Sanitary Fittings Plant. In 1993 Jafar underwent a successful privatisation to become a joint-stock company held by its employees. Since then, the company has undergone constant development, which is reflected in the modernisation, innovation and continuous expansion of its product range.
In 1995 Jafar received an award for the construction of the first rubberised wedge valve for drinking water in Poland during the WOD-KAN trade fair.
In 1999 Jafar obtained ISO 9001 certification.
In 2000 and 2001, the machines and the foundry plant were modernised and the production of ductile cast iron started.
In 2006 Jafar opened a department in Romania and in the following years in Hungary and Slovakia.
In 2008 Jafar took over the BEFA factory.
Currently Jafar products are exported to more than 30 countries worldwide.